Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Believe it or not, I'm very happy about this

TSN is reporting that Bryan McCabe has accepted the Maple Leaf's contract of 5 years/$28.75 million.

Why am I happy? There was word JFJ was going to heavily target Zdeno Chara if he couldn't get McCabe locked up.

As much as I don't want Chara back in Ottawa at the price he's apparently asking for, chomping up that much of the payroll, the idea of him in Toronto and us having to face him at least eight times a season had me concerned.

So phewf.

4 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Black Dog Hates Skunks said...

Of course you are happy - the Sens get at least 40 more cracks at this clown and his no-trade, no waivers, no buyout contract.

I'd be ecstatic!

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous David Johnson said...

McCabe supposedly has a 'no movement' clause which means he cannot be traded, demoted to the minors, placed on waivers, etc. But, it doesn't restrict buyouts. All contracts can be bought out regardless of whether there is a no trade or no movement clause.

As for Chara, I am not sure the Leafs were really going to go after him as hard as some people think. I still think Chara is going to end up with the Rangers.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger CMcMurtry said...

I still think Chara is going to end up with the Rangers.

I'm okay with that.

He'll go there and suck. Watch.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Dave said...

He'll go there and suck. Watch.

You fool! The Rangers never overpay for medium talent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares