Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Why even play the games?

The nerds behind the PC game Eastside Hockey Manager simulated all the NHL games for the coming season and came to a startling realization: the Ottawa Senators are gonna suck, bad.

Their simulation saw the Sens (as well as the Leafs, Oilers, and Canucks) miss the playoffs. Yikes. If I took these things seriously I might be concerned, but when I read that they also had the Chicago Blackhawks finish 3rd in the Western Conference.

If the Hawks win their division, I'll get my Werner Herzog on and eat my shoe. Seriously.

6 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm, 'Hawks 3rd in the West? Wow, that's some pretty realistic simulation software they're trying to peddle...

Looks like computer programming and being drunk 24/7 gets you obvious results...

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger fauxrumors said...

What did they use 1994 rosters to get the results?

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Caseus said...

Speaking as someone who plays EHM, I can tell you why the Sens didn't make the playoffs: in EHM, Gerber sucks. I'm praying he's better in real life.

With regards to the Hawks finishing third: are you familiar with a player by the name of Martin Havlat? Clearly this will be his breakout year, and much like Thornton did with SJ last year, he will return the Hawks the ranks of the elite. (No, I'm not buying it either.)

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the leafs not making the playoffs is a no brainer. But the rest of the canadian teams have a good chance.

Watch out for Calgary now that they have some offense they will even be better then last year.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I'll be surprised if the Blackhawks are even third in their division let alone in the entire conference.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Donald said...

The hawks are 5-0 in the pre-season.Havlat & Smolinsky might surprise us and get that team in the playoffs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares